Princess Peach Toadstool is one of the most iconic and beloved video game characters of all time. She has been the damsel in distress in countless Super Mario games, but she is also a strong and independent princess who is always ready to save the day when necessary.
One thing that fans have always wondered about Princess Peach is her age. She has been around since the original Super Mario Bros. game was released in 1985, but her specific age has never been revealed by Nintendo. This has led to a lot of speculation and debate among fans, with some people believing that she is in her early 20s while others believe that she is much older.
In this article, we will explore the evidence that is available and try to come up with a definitive answer to the question of how old Princess Peach is.
Evidence from the Mario Games
There are a few pieces of evidence from the Mario games that can give us a hint about Princess Peach’s age.
- In the game Super Mario Bros. 2, there is a level called “Baby Peach.” In this level, players play as Mario or Luigi as they try to rescue Baby Peach from Bowser. This suggests that Princess Peach is not that much older than Mario and Luigi, who are both in their early 20s.
- In the game Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, players can travel back in time and meet Baby Peach, Mario, and Luigi. In this game, Baby Peach is slightly younger than Mario and Luigi, but she is still old enough to walk and talk. This further suggests that Princess Peach is in her early 20s.
- In the game Super Mario Odyssey, Princess Peach is shown to be a mature and capable leader. She is also shown to have a romantic interest in Mario. This suggests that Princess Peach is an adult, and most likely in her early 20s.
Evidence from Outside of the Mario Games
There is also some evidence from outside of the Mario games that can give us a hint about Princess Peach’s age.
- In a 1993 interview, Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto said that Mario is about 25 years old. This suggests that Princess Peach is also in her mid-20s, as she is around the same age as Mario.
- In the 2023 Super Mario Bros. movie, Princess Peach is portrayed as being in her early 20s. This suggests that Nintendo sees Princess Peach as being a young adult.
Based on the evidence that is available, it is most likely that Princess Peach is in her early 20s. She is old enough to be a mature and capable leader, but she is still young enough to have a romantic interest in Mario.
It is important to note that Princess Peach’s age is never explicitly stated in any of the Mario games. This is because Nintendo does not want to pigeonhole Princess Peach into a specific age range. They want her to be a character that people of all ages can relate to.
Despite this, the evidence that is available suggests that Princess Peach is in her early 20s. This is the age that she is portrayed to be in the games and in the movie. Additionally, this is the age that Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has said that Mario is.
Ultimately, Princess Peach’s age is up to the individual player to decide. There is no right or wrong answer. However, based on the evidence that is available, it is most likely that Princess Peach is in her early 20s.
Why Doesn’t Nintendo Officially Reveal Princess Peach’s Age?
There are a few reasons why Nintendo may not want to officially reveal Princess Peach’s age.
- To keep the character relatable. Nintendo wants Princess Peach to be a character that people of all ages can relate to. By not revealing her age, they allow players to imagine her as being whatever age they want her to be.
- To avoid controversy. Video games are often criticized for their sexualization of female characters. By not revealing Princess Peach’s age, Nintendo can avoid any potential controversy.
- To keep the character mysterious. Nintendo wants Princess Peach to be a mysterious and intriguing character. By not revealing her age, they add to her mystique.
Whatever the reason, Nintendo has never officially revealed Princess Peach’s age. This is likely to remain the case for many years to come.